1. Sex relieves pain (especially headaches) by secreting the hormone oxytocin which is similar in effect to morphine.
2. Sex boosts the immune system – increasing immunoglobulin antibodies.
3. Sex improves heart health – twice a week cuts your risk of heart attack by 50%.
4. Sex improves mental health by lowering cortisol levels.
5. Sex can help women with bladder control – as sex mimics Kegel Exercises (by flexing pelvic floor muscles which hold back urine)
6. Sex promotes healthier skin – releasing DHEA which not only boosts the immune system and decreases depression but improves the complexion.
7. Sex lowers stress and blood pressure.
8. Sex burns calories – averaging 85 calories over 30 minutes.
9. People sleep better after sex.
10. And finally, for women – a lighter menstrual flow with fewer cramps.